Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

No pictures today... just a little blurb on being a mother.

The other day I was at the neighborhood park with the kids. We had been on a walk and Addie fell asleep in the stroller. Jack and I had some alone time and we were swinging. I started to realize the differences in my children - Addie would have wanted me to push her "higher" and "faster." Jack wanted me to push him once awhile and then swing next to him in my swing. Interesting, eh? So, as I was swinging next to him, and watching Addie sleep in the stroller I started asking myself, "when did I become a MOTHER of two children? When did the babies that I had grow up to be little people? WHO are these kids and WHY am I their mother??" It was an interesting hour as I watched my kids.

They are growing so fast. Little things never cease to amaze me. We went out to dinner tonight at UNOs (nice and kid friendly!) and when we were finished I asked Addie if she could figure out how many boxes we needed for our leftovers. She looked around and counted 3, because Jack finished his meal and we didn't need a box for his food! I don't know why, but I thought that was cool that she could figure that out.

Time to put my precious cherubs to bed. They are amazing creatures!!

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my mother-in-law, and all of my mommy friends! How would we ever get through this thing called motherhood without each other!

No comments: