Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Aspirations

Settle in...

This may be a lengthy entry. I have a lot on my mind and feel like sharing.

First, a funny aspiration story.

Addie was pretending to be a doctor today.
She was supposed to be tending to Jack's sick stuffed frog when all of the sudden she said, "Oh, I was a doctor but I'm not anymore. I am now a Hess Mart worker!!"
I am certainly not demeaning the job of being a Hess (gas station/convenient store worker), but it was rather funny the way she prefaced it.
The kids have gotten into a routine of going to Hess Mart with their babysitter to choose a "treat" during the day if they are well behaved. I guess they are getting to be regulars and the workers are very happy to see them!

I am so proud of Jack. He has been wearing his big boy underpants for about a week with NO accidents! YEA for JAcK!!!

Dada had a birthday this weekend! The kids were so excited to make cards, shop for presents and make the cake. Which do you think was the most creative?? The cards were lovely. The cake was scary looking!!! Guess what Dada got as a present???????????????

????????


Give up??

Highlighters!!!!

While Dada is preparing for his class he teaches he likes to highlight information in the textbook. Addie has watched him do this and she thought it would be a good idea to get him a pack of multi-colored highlighters!! I think it was a very appropriate and thoughtful gift. Dada loved it.
He did get a few other things, too.

Ok... now to me... YEA for me!!! Yea for me!!! YEA, YEA for me!!! My friend Anne invited me to join her at her running group today.
This is the only web thing I could find for the group:
http://blog.syracuse.com/healthfitness/2008/05/whole_running_training.html
Very motivational, very inspiring, very "I am woman, hear me roar" mentality. Running training with yoga at the end. Nice. AND... the Yea for Me part is that I ran about 4.5 miles today (and I actually wasn't dying), first time in the group! Yea for me, did I say that already?? Not sure what my goals are for the group, or if I will officially commit to it (they train 2xweek), but many women are training/have done half-marathons, marathons, triathlons, etc... we'll see!

In other news this week, my late mother-in-law's legacy lives on with the awarding of the first annual scholarship in her name. My father-in-law was very proud, but very sad at the same time as you can imagine. Not only did the event get press at CMS (Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools -where she once worked and who controls the funds for the scholarship), CPCC (Central Peidmont Community College, where she also once worked and where the recipient of the scholarship is going to college) but also with the newspaper, the Charlotte Observer...
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/277/story/130331.html
We miss Nanie very much.

Time to get to work on a few things before heading to bed. Jack is getting his new big boy bed this week, so that will be very exciting. Time to clean out his room and tidy it up. I am sure I will take a picture or two of the new bed with his firetruck quilt! I am sure it will be very cute! stay tuned.

No comments: