Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Family Album

Each year I promise to organize our family photos. I take a lot of photos of my family!! Inspired in part by a friend who created her family book with her Mac and in part by creating albums for my photography clients, I decided to make one this year using my Mac (vs. using the book company that I use for my clients). The project took me about 3 full days of organizing a years worth of pictures into a file, uploading that file to iPhoto and designing the layout of the book. Indeed, it was a time consuming project. However, we received the book yesterday and it was worth every hour and every penny (not cheap) I spent on it. A treasure that our family will enjoy for years to come. In total, I used close to 500 pictures and the book was 98 pages long (100 is the limit for this book!).

I HIGHLY recommend you find time one year (soon) and do this project for your family. Yes, it takes a long time to get organized but the result is worth it!!

I found a way to stay on top of it -- I have created a folder in my "picture" files called '2011 book.' Now, whenever I take pictures of my family that I want in the book I am going to copy them directly to the folder. At the end of the year I will have the pictures I want to use for the book already organized! Try it!







No comments: