Monday, October 01, 2007

Gee, so much to share tonight...

Found a new great band that I like. I heard them on Kevin's car satellite radio the other day and when I got home Kevin told me that he enjoys them, too... Modest Mouse: http://www.modestmousemusic.com/

as I've mentioned before I am amazed at some of the things the kids do. The other day I was putting Jack down for a nap. Addie was downstairs playing quietly. I went downstairs to find this:
a "tea party." Not just any tea party, though. This is a Martha Stewart tea party. Each "guest" got a juice box, a plum or an apple, little teeny tiny placemat (part of a doll game), two or three markers and a bowl of carrots to share. Addie carries the table (which is an outdoor garden table that is usually on our back deck) around from room to room to set up these tea parties. She sets out chairs and by the end of it there are bears, rabbits, doll babies and the like attending her soirée. She is very precise and doesn't leave a detail undone! Interesting.

Meanwhile, upstairs, Jack fell asleep and when I checked on him I saw my sweet, sweet baby boy...He was clutching a stuffed animal (my kids are not stuffed animal freaks... they don't have a favorite or anything like that) and... a hammer! He is obsessed with all things boy - trucks, fixing things, hammering, sawing, more trucks, firetrucks, excavators, dumptrucks, etc.

Finally, two more pictures from tonight. We've been enjoying such beautiful early fall weather. Clean, crisp days with plenty of sunshine and blue, blue skies. We have had some rain so the grass is green, the autumn flowers are flourishing... all is well!

No comments: