Monday, May 24, 2010

It's all in the details...

Ok...

Where do I start? I keep finding images I love when I look through my photos of Linnea and Kyle's wedding this past weekend.

It was a beautiful day for a wedding. I showed up at the church to meet Kyle and his "people." I love the fact that there was a groom's woman in the mix. This group had some good energy going...

and some super fun shoes, I might add. I wish I would have known, I would have worn my slip on Chuck Taylors, to match the wedding!

The ceremony was lovely and personal. I caught Linnea and her bridesmaids in a quick prayer minutes before the ceremony, which was something I have never seen happen. Many times brides and maids are tearful, but I found it quite beautiful that Linnea and her maids included God in the moment.
We headed out to Pratt's Falls where the reception was held in the lodge in the woods. Linnea did a superb job of including so many fun details at the reception. She made wooden signs directing guests to the various spots at the location. The tables were named after mountains she and Kyle had hiked and there were stories and photos all over the reception describing their adventures.

There were games of croquet, horseshoes and cornhole. There was an Italian Soda bar. The sweetheart table had signs on the chair that designated "Mr" and "Mrs." A menu found in the napkin was titled, "Eat Drink and Be Married" and described the course of the evening in such a clever and witty way. For example, people wishing for the bride and groom to kiss were not allowed to simply clink a glass. No, they had to gather their friends at the table and sing part of a song that included words such as "love, marriage, marry, etc."
And, there was some really wonderful music during cocktails.
The flowers were beautiful (I actually made the bouquets at my other job at Backyard Garden!!!!)

Seriously cool! (loved that I could get my shoe/foot fettish fix during this wedding!!)


Seriously in love!

Simply beautiful!!
I'm so glad I was able to witness your love and your wedding day! Wow - just beautiful!!

No comments: