Friday, February 28, 2014

February Blog Circle

I'm so proud of myself! I'm sitting here at my computer writing this post about a week before our Blog Circle post is due - yippeee!!!

The topic this month is shooting with a shallow DOF (Depth of Field). I am not so good at describing camera functions in technical terms, but basically a shallow DOF will isolate the subject from the background and create a really lovely background. The focus range is very small - which can also be tricky if you're trying to get a certain part of the image in focus.
I find that I often shoot wide open as I love the results - it can make for a more interesting picture and is a very useful technique when the background is distracting.  Here are some examples from this month's blog circle topic... don't forget to click on Amy's blog at http://www.paynduo.blogspot.com/ and circle through to see what everyone else did for Shallow DOF! 


This pic was from a client session I had in Feb and I thought it was a good example of shallow DOF. She was so cute and sassy!


No comments: