Thursday, April 05, 2007

Mama's Night Out

Ever since Addie was 6 months old I have been friends with a group of wonderful ladies with kids' Addie's (and Jack's) age. We used to have playgroup every Monday morning, rotating houses. This past fall, since most of the kids are in different pre-schools, we got out of the habit of having playgroup. We have maintained our "Mama's Night Out," however. We try to meet out once a month, usually for dinner. It gives us a chance to just be WOMEN, rather than mamas... and it give us a forum to vent, complain, brag, ramble, listen, and just "be!" Tonight, instead of dinner, we went to a new place called Make and Take Gourmet, where we each prepped 6-12 dinners of our choice (from their menu) and brought them home in freezable containers. The idea is wonderful... you prep dinner with your friends (while sipping wine!!!), thus, making some weeknight dinners easier on you! I am so exited to try the meals. I was very impressed with the facility... VERY clean, trendy, comfortable, organized and easy to navigate. The staff was accessible and very helpful. I think we all had a great time.

In other news... it SNOWED, yes, you heared me correctly, SNOWED here today. UGH. UGh. ugh. What the HECK???? Of course it didn't really stick, but the fact that it snowed sucks. And, it's going to be cold the next couple of days. I was really hoping for a nice mild Easter so the Easter Bunny could hide his eggs.... maybe he'll stil be able to do that.

I went on a bit of shopping spree the past couple of days. When my parents were here a few weeks ago we painted the dining room and the upstairs hallways... well, ever since then things have been a little less than "finished" so I tried to tidy some things up. I brought home a beautiful plant from work for the dining room, and I bought a new runner and matching rug for the upstairs hallway (natural jute). The rooms are starting to shape up....

And, because it's more fun to read a blog with pictures, here's another one of Addie from her tumbling class other day.

No comments: