Friday, April 13, 2007

A really fun airplane trip!

The kids and I packed our bags for our big "grandparent tour 2007!" We left yesterday for stop #1 in Ohio to visit Nini and Papa, as well as aunts, uncles and cousins.

The kids were excited to go on an airplane trip and everyone was happy and in a good mood. Our flight was delayed for about an hour at the airport due to bad weather in NYC, but the kids remained content and happy. We boarded our little airplane and the plane taxied down the run way... and then stopped. The pilot announced that we were grounded for another hour. Yes, HOUR on the runway. Eiey, yaiy, yaiy. The kids were still very well behaved - we got out the DVD player and they were happy. The flight finally took off. I realized at this point that we would not be making our connecting flight, but I tried to take it all in stride! The flight was very, very bumpy. Jack fell asleep for about 1/2 hour. He woke up as we were starting to decend. And then he vommitted ALL OVER himself and ME. I started laughing, because what else could I do. Here was this little boy getting sick all over the place on a very cramped and stuffy airplane. The flight attendant was very helpful and brought napkins and lysol wipes, etc. I got him cleaned up and two seconds later he threw up again. This time I cried and laughed because what else was I supposed to do??!!!! Luckily Addie was just sitting there watching and wasn't freaking out or anything - she was such a good girl! Jack just kept saying, "yuck! yuck!" Poor little guy...

So, we landed finally (around 1:30) and I called Dad who told me that my connecting fight was scheduled to leave at 1:42. We bolted off the plane - feel bad for the people who had to sit in our row on the next flight - and found our next gate - luckily our connecting flight was not leaving as soon as we thought. The rest of the trip was less eventful (got Jack into new clothes... however I got to wear the vomit for the rest of the trip becasue I didn't pack a change of clothes for me), but the kids were about fed up with the trip. They weren't as well behaved on the second flight and Addie never slept a wink. Ugh! Not easy!

We're enjoying visiting with Sophia, Gabby and Lorenzo and Nini and Papa have a fun basement with lots of toys and bikes! Picture time tonight... the goal is to get ONE cute picture of all 5 grandkids... think I can do it???

No comments: