Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Feeling glum

Just a yucky feeling today... the sun was shining in the AM and it looked like a promising day. Addie went back to school, after being off Monday for Veteran's Day and out most of last week because of her little bug. I went to work... and then the gray clouds came rolling in.
I went to church tonight to help set up for a very, very, very sad situation... a young lady whose family is very involved in our church was murdered in her home in VA. She was 26 years old. Brutal. Tragic. Very sad. She grew up here and went to college in VA. She just moved back to her college town after living in DC. She had lived in her apartment where she was killed for 8 weeks. I suppose this horrible news is on my mind. Although I didn't know the young lady it still makes me sad. I know her mom.. we go to the same church... Her funeral is tomorrow and everything is being held at the church due to the enormous number of people attending. I helped set up Dwyer Hall for the reception tomorrow. I am taking a salad for the reception. Can you even imagine something like this happening to your child. Unthinkable. My thoughts also go to Shane Roush - a former high school classmate of mine who was also brutally murdered - senselessly. Similar situation.
I did get to visit with our old priest, Fr. Gregg, for a minute this afternoon. He is doing the eulogy tomorrow and it was nice to see him. He baptized both of my kiddos.
Ugh.
Time for Jack to go to bed. Love your children and give them big, big hugs.

No comments: