Monday, November 26, 2007

To-do lists

I used to carry 4 or 5 different calenders with me and I remember Jenny Wells always razzing me about it when I worked at Eastern State. I had one of those desk calenders that pretty much served as a doodle spot and a place to write down phone numbers, etc (oh, and to mark off holidays and other days off!). I had a wall calender which basically was there for the pictures. I had a work organizer/calender thing that I carried around and used to write down information and other important dates for meetings, etc. This one was important and the one I used most frequently. And, I had a little something that I carried in my purse more or less for personal dates and appointments.
I guess it's not extremely unusual that I used so many different ways to keep track of what was going on in my life. I'm sure many people are like that. For some reason all of those different calendars helped keep me organized.

SO, what is my point...

oh, to-do lists. I have always loved to have to-do lists, too, especially when I can cross things off that I have accomplished. I sometimes write silly things on my list JUST so I can cross something off!! Not tonight, though. I had 7 emails that I flagged for follow up today and I got to 4 of them tonight! Pretty good. Actually, two of the remaining three aren't really things I need to follow up on, just things I need to remember.
So, my to-do list that I quickly penned tonight has 11 things on it (not counting the unfinished to-do list from last week which still has some lingering items on it) , and I was able to cross of 2 of them.

The truth of the matter is that I don't think I have EVER completely finished a to-do list. Ugh. I'll keep you posted on my progress tomorrow. By the way, blogging this entry was NOT on my list. This was probably a very boring and painful post to read, but at least I got that to-do business off my chest!
ta-ta for now.
OHHHH... forgot to mention the VERY princessy dress that Addie got in the mail today from Christi and Quinn. It is a ballerina dress and has a little music box built into the skirt and it plays a tune from The Nutcracker. We spent a good half an hour at a concert watching the beautiful princess ballerina Addie dance. Daddy even made his debut appearance as a ballerina dancer... he did some spins and pointing of his toes and such. Pictures of the princess ballerina Addie to come.

No comments: