Saturday, January 17, 2009

Random

Is it cold enough??? I have friends who live across the US and it seems it is cold everywhere. Texas is cold, South Carolina is cold, Kentucky... all cold. Aside from our minor chapped lips and cringing every time we need to go out we are making the best of it. We had our neighbors/friends over tonight for what I dubbed, "Bar Food night," -- homemade chicken wings, nachos, spinach and artichoke dip and bruchetta. Yummy... and hopefully a little more healthy than your standard bar fare.

I attended a seminar last week put on by AVOW (www.dignityofwomen.org) called Smart Martha (www.smartmartha.org) . I didn't really know what to expect when I walked into it, and I registered on my own, without any friends to accompany me. The presenter, a Catholic woman with 9 children, spoke about being a woman, wife, mother and the "responsibilities" that go along with it! She had a great message and many great ideas for organization (for the home). The seminar touched me... maybe it is the new year, maybe it is the down time I have with the business, maybe it is that the kids are back at school.... but, I have different attitude, I am trying to be more centered. Trying to be more organized. Trying to be better - both at home and within.

The other event that touched me this week was the US Air flight that landed in the Hudson River. WOW. I have so many emotions about the situation becuase I travel by air with my children a lot, I travel US Air a lot and I travel to Charlotte a lot!!! I simply cannot imaging going through this with my kids. My thoughts also go to the pilot who is obviously a brilliant man (my uncle is also a pilot, so I always think of him in situations involving air travel, too). Can you EVEN imagine how he was feeling during the ordeal. Surreal. As I was watching the coverage on the news, I just kept saying to myself what an awesome God we have to protect these people... what an awesome God.

Looking forward to a session tomorrow with TRIPLETS!!! I have never done a triplet session, let along triplets who are turning 2. Oh my!! Wish me luck!! I'm actually going to their birthday celebration, so it should be a lot of fun.

I'm going to leave you with a few pictures the kids and I did today. These are classic Addie and Jack... goofy, silly, but, boy do I love them!!

No comments: