Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Dreaming of the garden....

Many of you know that we have quite a lovely garden at our house. The woman who lived in the house prior to us was an avid gardener to say the least. I believe the gardens were on the Garden Tour a few times. I have tried to maintain the yard as best I can over the several years we've been here. It has been very rewarding. I have made several changes --- I've amended it to meet the needs of our young family (creating more green space to play) and my time restrictions (raising two little ones, working part-time). More importantly, I made changes so that the yard became ours.

Every year around this time I start craving the dirt. I want to dig, transplant, nurture and see the beauty that our yard offers. I have several projects in mind this year --- big projects!! Stay tuned for some of my ideas. I may even offer photo sessions in the yard --- perhaps even a barter system -- you bring your gardening tools and help with the pruning and weeding and I will take pictures of your children!!!!!! I'm only half kidding!

Jack is excited about the garden, too... even in the cold of these remaining winter days.

I think I'll "dig up" (no pun intended) some of my garden pictures.... stay tuned for some of my new ideas for the yard this year.

No comments: