Monday, March 09, 2009

A special day for Mr. J

Big Man J had a big day over the weekend. He was baptized! Many of his adoring family and friends witnessed his big moment and I was so happy to be a part of the day.
Check out the stained glass at the lovely church. I think I need to attend a mass at this church... I do like to visit other churches every once in awhile - a new fresh perspective on weekly mass.

Since it was his day, he was allowed to enjoy a yummy bottle while being blessed. Life doesn't get much better than this! Seriously. In the presence and grace of God, nourished by food, being held in loving arms, surrounded by family and friends??? Lucky little man!

Did I mention adoring family? I think Grandpa loves him just a little. Uhm... shall I say A LOT! How do I know? Couldn't keep his eyes off the little guy, big smile and cooing voice... It's love!

J is totally in love with his family, too. He thinks his Auntie is super silly and funny!

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the day. You are such lovely people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Stephanie,

I really liked this gallery. I loved how you validated both the occasion and the baby himself.

In an age where so many people seem to turn their nose up at the mere mention of God, it's refreshing to get a spiritual perspective.

And the "yummy bottle" reference really touched my heart. A baby with a yummy bottle. Priceless.

Thanks for sharing.