Sunday, March 15, 2009

Roller Derby

Look who learned how to roller skate this weekend...


Roller skating is near and dear to my heart, as I was an avid roller skater in my younger years!!! I had a FABulous pair of blue and yellow roller skates and I wasn't afraid to use them! I'm pretty sure my mom still has them in the basement, do you mom?? I remember my parent moving the cars out of the garage so I could skate in my very own roller rink! I also remember going to the local roller rink -- what what the name of it??? --- as I recall it was a shady place, I think it was on the bad side of town - not a place I went often. It was dark, and the music was loud and the disco lights flashed all over that glorious rink! My, oh my, those were the days! I wonder if there are any roller skating rinks anymore... probably not.

So, Addie now loves roller skating. She'll be flying up and down the sidewalks this summer.

No comments: