Monday, May 18, 2009

An older "kid"

The bulk of my sessions revolve around young children. It is always fun when I get asked to do a session for older "kids." Totally different feel to the session - we can talk about big kid things and I am not constantly chasing the subject around. Older kids tend to stay put when asked! On the other hand, it can be difficult to draw out an older kid's personality. They are more aware of themselves, and many definitely have an opinion on how they look and what they wear.

This young lady was very sweet and easy to work with. I enjoyed meeting her lovely family and spending some extra time with her to get some shots of her alone. I enjoyed hearing stories of soccer and dance and the possibility of trying out to be a Munchkin!

She loves their beautiful dog.


I like this "serious" expression and the black and white in this image.


And I love this expression!

Big sister joined us in some sibling shots - cute!

Finally, the whole family gathered for a shot.
Love mom's expression as she gets some love from her family!

Thanks so much for having me over.

1 comment:

mmorgan365 said...

Stephanie, we loved having you! You were so easy going with the kids and they just loved the experience. I can't wait to sit with you and determine just which pictures we'll choose out of the great many that we adore! We think youre a genius!!!