Friday, May 08, 2009

Play!

We are building a play set in our back yard for the kids. Well, let me clarify. Travis is building a play set for the kids. Travis was recommended to us by my friend/coworker at the flower shop, David. Travis and David live in the same building and David had noticed that Travis has impeccable craftsmanship. Travis does a lot of projects for his business out of the basement of the apartment building and so David has seen some of his work. I must concur... Travis has great craftsmanship. I compare every "builder" to my dad, and I believe my dad would be impressed.
Here is the playhouse in the early stages (last week):

And here it is at the end of this week... just about done! CUTE or what? I made some notes on the picture as to what still needs to be done. In case you can't read it, there are swings going up on the left. The door will be painted (likely to match our front door of our house). There is a slide and ladder going up on the deck. A fire pole will be installed for our Fireman Jack. And, the sandbox will be filled with fun sand... we're trying to figure out a cover for the sandbox to keep rain and critters out.

I think there will be some new photo ops at the playhouse!

Jack took this picture of Travis. I think it's cool .



I will be back early next week with pictures of the final project!! I am excited about it. If you are local and want Travis' contact info for projects, let me know and I will be happy to pass on his info.

Play!

No comments: