Friday, March 12, 2010

"children"

I was recently hired to photograph a family consisting of mom, dad and three children --- this time the "children" weren't actually children.

A session with grown children is obviously so different than with youngsters. The easy part is that everyone listens and follows directions. There typically aren't any tempter tantrums when photographing adults! The hard part is getting everyone comfortable and natural in front of the camera. Little ones just let all the emotion out... adults, not so much. In general, adults are SO self-conscious and critical of how they look. It is hard to just "be" and relax in front of a camera as we get older. I totally get it.. I'm the same way.

I tried to make this bunch have a good time... I think they did. They laughed a lot. I really love watching families interact when I do sessions, especially adults. The two daughters live out of town and were visiting for the weekend. They seem to have such a lovely bond.
Mama's boy??? Not sure, but I loved this moment -- this is how I hope my future looks with my son, Jack.
I love this photo. Does Dad look proud of his gorgeous daughters or what??!Cheers!!!!! Extra guy is cute boyfriend of one of the daughters. We had some laughs as he was in some of the family portraits as to whether he should stand on the end in case we need to get rid of him in the photos in the future... I'm thinking he's a keeper and wont need to get photoshopped out of the pictures!!! My idea of a natural family portrait - such a nice bunch!

Thanks so much for inviting me to capture your lovely family!

No comments: