Thursday, October 02, 2008

I'm finished celebrating!

Ok... so it's been a week since my birthday... time to get over it, huh!

I had a very nice birthday. Thoughtful cards and gifts and yummy pizza for birthday dinner (yea, no dishes to clean!). My celebrating stretched all the way to this Tuesday night when my good friend and I went to dinner - just the two of us - no kids, no husbands. It was nice to talk without being interrupted (by kids). So... now, on with the new birthday year.

Lots has been going on. Do you want the good or bad news first?
How about the bad news...

My grandfather, Poppy Fred, is not doing so well in his battle against cancer. He is in hospice and is having to take a lot of medication to endure the pain. Please keep my grandfather in your prayers. I had a great heart-to-heart with God the other day in cycling class... (talking to God is a great way to keep your mind off the exhaustion in a tough spinning class!!!). My prayer is that Pop will be comfortable and know he is loved by many. My prayer is that he will know when God is calling his name and he will accept his call to heaven. My prayer is that he leaves this world knowing what a great father, grandfather and great grandfather he was... and that he is at peace.

On a less bad news scale... my allergies are horrid. I haven't really been bothered by allergies in the past few years, but man... these are bad. I typically don't complain about illness/aches, etc. I am tough and I tend to tough it out. Hello... I am a woman who birthed two children without any medication whatsoever (something I am very proud of, by the way!!!)... I can take some sneezing and sniffling, right??? NOOOO... enough already. This is horrible! Make it go away!

The final bad news is the rain and gloominess. It has returned. Summer is over. We love CNY summers... we don't love CNY winters. I don't want to start complaining because it just makes it all the more gloomy... BUT... it started raining on my birthday last Friday and hasnt' really been nice since... almost a week. The sun did shine for awhile this afternoon and the kids and I quickly headed out for a walk and ended up playing at the park for awhile. Good, clean (??), fresh air. Felt good and the kids had a ball.

Now... for some better news.

Uhmmm...

Let's see...

Oh... Jack did a GREAT job cleaning up his toys today. They both love school and are having so much fun. Jack proclaimed that he "wuvs" all of his teachers at school. And, for you Nene... Jack said, "there was ANOTHER Nene at school today. She was wearing a red shirt." Come to find out the music teacher's name was Mimi (according to Addie)... and they did a song about what color shirt everyone was wearing. Nene, Mimi... sounds the same to me!

I may watch the debate tonight. I am a little tired of my apathetic attitude that I sometime (all the time) have which is, "I don't care about politics - they are all liars and what can they really do for me." It is not a good attitude to have and I really must be more educated on politics, I think. I have recently heard/seen some news clips that Palin doesn't really know what she's talking about so I want to hear her debate first hand and in real context.

Here is some good news... I love this new pic of Addie's shoes. I would call this "Ruby Red, Worn Out"
what do you think??

No comments: