Thursday, October 09, 2008

Week full of emotions

I just returned home from Ohio to attend my grandfather's funeral. It was a long few day full of emotions. Friends and family who visited the funeral home recalled Pop's jovial nature and unconditional love for his family and enjoyed sharing stories of happy times from days gone by. Everyone who visited talked about what a great guy he was, how giving he was and how much he'll be missed. Indeed, he lived a great and full life and we are all better for having been a part of it.

There is joy during times likes these, though... and for me it was getting to meet Baby Lily, my younger brother's first child. She is 10 weeks old and such a cutie! Addie would have LOVED to meet her --- hopefully we will see Lily again soon. Of course I couldn't resist taking a *few* pictures of her!!!

I loved how she loves her daddy!!! She smiles big for him!

Pretty in pink.

big alert eyes!

Ahhh... asleep at last!

It was great to get home and see my own two little munchkins. I quickly found myself back in my "firemom" role and I have a nice new fresh coat of polish on my nails (in five different colors) thanks to Addie. Life IS good!

No comments: