Saturday, October 04, 2008

leaves are falling

I thought this was a cute series of pictures - even if the first one is terribly out of focus (trust me, it is). There is a great spot a few houses down that has tons and tons of leaves on the ground. I think I can cajole the kids into "playing in the leaves" and sneak some cute fall shots in. I keep trying to get Addie to dress in a really cute fall outfit, but you see... she chooses her own outfits... oh well.. that is part of who she is!!

On a very sad note, my grandfather passed away today. I am sad, but I am happy that he is not suffering anymore. It is hard to believe that he is gone - he has been a fixture in my life - all my life and now there is an empty spot. I will always remember the sleep overs my brother and I used to have at my grandparents house ---- so many memories... we used to fight over the top bunk of the bunk beds and there was a chart on the door for MANY years which kept track of who got the top bunk. I remember the pancakes in the morning. I remember Christmas at their house --- seriously... the presents literally engulfed the room (I'm sure it was my little mind at the time that didn't have good spacial perception, but there WERE a ton of presents!). What I remember most and appreciate most and will miss the most is the unconditional love that Pop had for me and for all of his grandchildren. Very sad.

No comments: