Monday, October 19, 2009

Suey, Suey... pig, pig, pig... we have swine flu.

I am certainly not making light of the situation, but i am not getting too worked up about it. It is official. We have swine flu. I have not been one to buy into the media hype of situations like this...
I understand that one needs to be cautious and concerned (both of which I am), but I'm not going to freak out about it. We have swine flu. The kids have high fevers, Jack is very cough-y/sniffy, Addie is a bit tired tonight. Both are still "themselves." I will monitor them closely, but we are fine. What a strange name for the flu... Swine flu. Call it Pig flu, I think that sounds better! Or, Bacon flu. At this point I will take this flu over the traditional vomiting and what-have-you... we got it early (so early in Addie that she actually tested NEGATIVE, but with her high fever the doctor is convinced she has it). They are fine. We will be laying low for the next few days.

Here they are in their silly glory... this is what I get for suggesting a "photo-session" in the back yard the other day... just silly!


Addie has wanted these boots for a long time. I think they are adorable on her and she wears them ALL.THE.TIME. No, they aren't Uggs... I didn't splurge. She's only 5 after all!

No comments: