Thursday, July 29, 2010

A grown up family

Check out this crew!

I had the daunting task of photographing a family of six - the "children" all young adults. Some may think that would be an easy task. No chasing little ones around, no negotiating smiles or dealing with temper tantrums... yes, that's true... however... lest you forget that young adults don't necessarily laugh at bubbles or a game of peek-a-boo!!!

This group did a great job of humoring me with my "activities!"

The oldest son - many, many talents, I learned.
The middle son... quite a photographer himself. Such a warm, easy smile.

Playing around with lighting/flares... I am drawn to this image for some reason... I like the flare. This guy was the most reserved of the bunch and I think his body language does a good job of conveying that.
Beautiful sister! Heading all the way to the west coast to continue schooling. What confidence that takes!

A son and a daughter already in college, two boys who will be off before long. I'm sure life is going too fast for mom and dad. I know that I look at pictures of my own kids and wonder where the 5 and 6 years have gone --- it seems like yesterday that they were newborns and I was trying to figure out the whole parenting thing. Even though my kids are still young it just seems they're growing too fast.
Pretty soon our pictures will look like this one... young adults with the world waiting for them. Ugh. Slow down, life!! I wonder if mom and dad of these 4 share my sentiments. I'm sure they do.

Sure does look like they enjoy each other! What a family! Thanks very much for a beautiful night. I loved watching your family interact!

No comments: