Monday, September 24, 2007

my children

there are things they do that drive me crazy. there are things they do that make my heart melt...

Tonight:

Jack...
obsessed with basketball and firetrucks.
Today he wore TWO, yes, 2 fire truck tops. One was a t-shirt and the other a sweater. When it got to be bedtime he wanted his firetruck sweater. He actually wore it OVER his jammies for a bit while we were doing the bedtime routine.
So, the time came for Jack to get in his crib and he wanted his firetruck sweater in bed with him, so what did we do... we put the sweater over his little pillow!
I just checked on him... guess where his head is??
Oh my. My heart skipped a beat.

Addie...
we colored tonight during bedtime routine. She printed out two pictures from Higgleytown Hereos from her computer time tonight. I colored the "electrician" and she colored some woman... she was laughing at my picture because I gave the electrician green hair, purple overalls and pink shorts. For some reason she thought that was funny.
It was time for me to leave her room and let her put herself to sleep, so I told her that I would leave my picture (after she told me I needed to sign my name to it) for her. I propped it up on a book so she could see it. She told me it was silly and I could take it to my room. No problem... I took it out of the room.
I just checked on her and guess where HER picture is? Propped up in the same spot my picture was... she is nestled in, sweetly dreaming the night away, and again, my heart skipped a beat and I said a little prayer for her, God bless that little girl.

love those kids.

No comments: